Monday 28 September 2009

great.grandmothers.orange.cake

Ingredients:
2 eggs
10 table spoons of self-raising flour
7 table spoons of sugar
7 table spoons of butter/margarine
the juice of 1 orange
the grated skin of 1 orange
1 glass of milk

Mix all together, as with a normal sponge cake, I do have an order of preference that I have been taught from the wise-lady at the top (my grandmother)

FIRST! put the oven on to 180 degrees I'm not sure what gas mark this is...

-First mix the butter and sugar till light and fluffy
-then bit by bit add the eggs ( I tend to whisk the eggs with a fork as it adds to the mix easier)
-then sift the flour in, again don't put it all in, in one bulk add it bit by bit.
-now add the cup of milk (I say a cup but you should put as much in as you see fit basically the milk is so that you get that cake consistency as the mix can tend to be a bit floury)
-pour the mixture into a greased cake tin, I used a big and deep round tin (sorry that I'm not very technical with my descriptions!)
-place in the middle of the oven..and cook for 25-30mins (it may need a bit more but you can be the judge of that)

So there is my very vague and not so professional recipe for my great grandmothers orange cake all the way from northern Cyprus!


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

email me....

editor@make-lemonade.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Make Lemonade

Followers